CARE Summit 2023 August 4-6 in Naples Idaho. Click here to learn more.
CARE Advanced HOB
Typical class schedules and requirements
Click on one of the buttons above to learn about the typical format for the class including schedule and requirements. These are presented as a suggested format and your instructor may do things differently. When you Reserve Your Seat any changes to these suggested schedules will be provided.
Purpose: This class is primarily intended for training of new Certified CARE Instructors in their teaching of the History of Anointing and Laying on of Hands (formerly known as Healing Oils of the Bible). It is normally offered once a year – the day before the CCI Summit. All new CARE Instructors are required to take this class during their first year. Those who have taken Advanced HOB already may repeat it for half price.
Eligibility for Participation: While this class is primarily intended for new CARE Instructors to prepare them to teach the class on History of Anointing and Laying on of Hands (HAL), anyone can attend this class. It is recommended, but not required, that you have previously taken the CARE History of Anointing and Laying on of Hands class. While students may feel enabled to give programs on the Bible Oils after taking this training – and we hope they do so – their attendance does not authorize them to give official CARE programs or teach for CARE credit. Only CARE Instructors may do that.
Registration and Pricing:
– First time participant $285 USD
– Repeating participant $142.50 USD
– Tickets may be purchased here, or if you prefer to pay by check, send to CARE Advanced HOB, 12923 BCR 800, Marble Hill, Missouri 63764.
– Class starts at 8:30 a.m., but doors open at 8:00 a.m. Class ends at 6:30 p.m.
For questions call the CARE Office phone: 1-800-758-8629 or 1-573-238-4846
- Obtain a personal copy and read the book, Healing Oils of the Bible.
- Obtain a personal copy and view the DVD, Healing Oils of the Bible.
- OPTIONAL: Obtain a personal copy and read the book, Healing: God’s Forgotten Gift, and fill out the blanks for students to answer (if this book is available, or if you already have a copy).
- OPTIONAL: Obtain a personal copy and view the DVD, Healing: God’s Forgotten Gift, for both leader and student (if this DVD set is available, or if you already have a copy).
- Choose at least three books from the Bible to read and study from beginning to end. Please make sure that you read at least one book from the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) and one book from the New Testament. You may choose either part of the Bible for the third book. While studying, take notes on the following: (1) References to oils or plants, if any; (2) Verses that are difficult to understand, or of interest to you; (3) References that may connect to other books of the Bible, if any (e.g., Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Hebrews 8:8-12).
- Be prepared to comment on any or all of the above in class.
Things to Bring to Class:
- Your copy of the book Healing Oils of the Bible.
- Your copy of the book Healing: God’s Forgotten Gift(if available).
- A copy of the Bible.
- A bottle of your favorite Biblical oil with which you want to be anointed.
Workshop Content:Since this is intended as training for CARE Instructors who will be teaching a program on History of Anointing and Laying on of Hands for CARE credit, part of the class intent is to introduce unusual situations in which the CARE Instructor may find themselves. For example, in teaching a CARE class, you may have attendees who are not Christian or Jewish and who do not consider the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) and/or the New Testament their scriptures, which can be challenging. Such participants may be Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Druid, atheist, or of some other belief or faith. A brief description of these non-Judeo-Christian religions will be given along with what to expect. We will also look at the history of the Bible, and how it developed over the millennia into its present form, among many other fascinating topics!
No classes or seminars in your area? – Click here to request a CARE Seminar in your area.
Have you attended a CARE Event? – Click here to tell us about it.